Our Goal Is Customer Satisfaction
In the wake of a fire, it's easy to forget about smoke damage. After all, you're likely dealing with the loss of your possessions, important documents, and costly equipment. If you've recently dealt with a fire at your commercial facility, look to BYLT for help. We work with businesses in the Washington, DC area, providing top-notch smoke damage restoration. Our team is proud to offer quick response times for emergency service so you can get back to normal as soon as possible. We understand the aftermath of a fire might be traumatizing, so we make customer satisfaction our top priority. BYLT will take care of the difficult restoration work while you focus on yourself and your business.
What Is Smoke Damage?
Smoke damage refers to any kind of harm done to your property due to smoke. Sometimes, smoke damage is relatively minor, like an odd smell. But more often, smoke damage is significant and compromises the building's structure. There are four common types of smoke damage:
- Dry Smoke: Fast-burning, hot fires often result in dry smoke. Debris from dry smoke can easily find its way into cracks and hard-to-reach places. This type of smoke is usually easy to clean up.
- Wet Smoke: Low-heat fires often cause wet smoke. This type of smoke easily covers the surfaces in your business and is much more difficult to remove than dry smoke.
- Protein Residue: Protein residue smoke is another result of low-heat fires. The difference with this type is that it is often the result of kitchen fires and burning organic material.
- Oil Residue: These dangerous fires are fueled by petroleum products, and this smoke is very difficult to clean. Oil residue smoke damage is not common in most businesses.
Identifying Smoke Damage
In some cases, smoke damage can be challenging to identify. At BYLT, we recommend keeping a watchful eye out for a few signs that you need smoke damage cleaning services. If you notice any of the following, give us a call:
- Smoky smells well after the fire has been extinguished
- Visible soot
- Discolored countertops and cabinets
- Yellowing paint
- Black dust
How Does Smoke Damage Cleanup Work?
Smoke damage restoration is always a job for professionals. If you attempt to clean it yourself, you might inhale too much smoke and develop health problems in the long run. The team at BYLT has all the safety equipment necessary to complete your restoration services with no threat to our health or yours. Our smoke damage repair process includes these phases:
- Inspection: The first step in any restoration process is the inspection. We'll visit your property and make a note of all instances of smoke damage.
- Cleaning: Next, we clean the soot stains from the walls. This phase also includes lots of careful vacuuming to ensure all the damage is gone. Our team will clean all affected areas, including the walls, carpets, and windows.
- Odor Removal: Anyone who has experienced a fire knows the smoke smell lingers for a long time. We use specialized solutions to absorb any odors coming from the damaged items and structures.
Restoring Your Business to Its Original State
The smoke damage restoration process is multifaceted and includes several steps. BYLT has decades of combined experience, and we can take on the process with ease. Simply let us know your circumstances, and our team will get to work on an inspection and estimate. If necessary, we can even deal directly with insurance! The fallout after a fire is never easy to handle, but we strive to take some of the burden off you.
Get in Touch with BYLT
Cleaning up smoke damage is a job best left to the professionals. The team at BYLT is ready and willing to take on restoration projects of nearly any size and scope. If your Washington, DC or Maryland business has recently been affected by a fire, don't hesitate to reach out to our team for help.